WE ARE HIRING
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: PART TIME PACKHOUSE COORDINATOR
Fresh Food Express Limited is looking for someone to run our packhouse operation in Inverkeilor, Angus. We are a small but growing business who are passionate about changing the food system for the better by bridging the gap between small local producers of high quality fresh food and consumers nationwide and so the more passion you have for good food, the better you’ll fit in.
As the last point of contact with our producers’ high quality local food before it reaches our customers, we need you to be an organised, methodical, self-starter who can think on your feet, with very strong attention to detail and a willingness to take ownership of the role and its responsibilities.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the packhouse, including:
· Receiving inbound deliveries - ensuring what has been delivered matches the orders placed in terms of both quantity and quality and if necessary, breaking bulk including appropriate weighing & labelling.
· Picking and Packing - ensuring all goods are picked and packed with respect, precision and an appropriate amount of packaging
· Quality Control – identifying any goods that are not up standard
· Wastage – identifying goods that are near their sell-by date and completing the related paperwork
· Packaging – managing stocks of packaging including completing the related paperwork
· Despatch – ensuring all packages match the relevant customer order and meet courier requirements as regards, size, labelling etc. and readiness on time.
· Cleanliness - Ensuring the packhouse provides a safe workplace at all times, including keeping it well organised, clean and tidy
· Food Safety - adhering to our protocols, including completing and safeguarding environmental health paperwork on schedule
The ideal candidate will be:
· happy to handle our entire product range, which includes vac-packed meat, seafood and alcohol
· comfortable working to tight deadlines
· fit enough to handle weights up to 18kg
· happy working independently and sometimes on your own
· able to work very extended hours / days for the two weeks before Xmas.
· available to start on or before Tuesday 22nd May.
· hold a current Elementary Food Hygiene Qualification
· have experience of computerised stock control methods
although these are not essential as full training will be given.
16 hours per week, with some potential for overtime as follows
· Tue 1.00 – 5.15
· Wed 9.00 – 5.00 (including 30 minutes for lunch unpaid)
· Thu 10.00 – 2.15
· £8/hr over 21s (£6/hr under 21s)
· 30% staff discount on all full price Fresh Food Express goods
· 11 days and 1.5 hours of holiday (i.e. 28 days pro-rata) including compulsory New Year shutdown
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Jillian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 13 May.
Interviews will be held in Inverkeilor on or after Tuesday 15 May.
Although we will endeavour to respond to every application, you should consider you application to have been unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by close of business on Friday 18 May.
No posts found